Eczema refers to a general name given to a specific category of skin conditions that make the skin look reddish, itchy, and highly inflamed. Some 30 million people around the world have been confirmed to have some form of eczema, but the most common form is called Atopic Dermatitis. This condition called eczema affects all skin colors regardless and it’s prevalence is increasing and most commonly diagnosed amongst the Black, Asian, and Pacific Islander population. Hence the need for the aveeno eczema cream
Although eczema has the ability to show up anywhere on the body, in most adults it is usually seen around the neck, upper arms, back, elbow, knees, back of the hands, feet, fingers, toes and even around the skin surrounding the eyes and eyelids may also be affected. While many people first develop eczema as children, it can develop at any point in your life and have a significant impact on your overall quality of life.
WHAT IS AVEENO ECZEMA CREAM
Aveeno eczema cream, as the name implies, is a cream specially formulated for the primary purpose of treating eczema. It brings back to life dead skin cells that are infested by fungi thereby reviving and renewing dry, itchy skin, which is the primary cause of eczema. Aveeno eczema cream is enriched greatly with colloidal oatmeal which is a nourishing formula that works to totally restore the skin to its own protective function.
Aveeno eczema cream is highly recommended by dermatologists around the world because it is clinically shown to treat skin with eczema and while on it, it provides 24 hours of complete moisture to skin that needs it most when applied daily and revels in the long-lasting relief. Available in 5 oz. and 7.3 oz.
This product is highly recommend for anyone with eczema, especially if it’s on their face. Other unscented lotions made the affected skin burn, but this stuff is gentle and I have no complaints. Note: An Oatmeal formula can help restore and maintain skin’s moisture barrier to help prevent and protect dry skin and that is why colloidal oatmeal is an important ingredient trusted and recommended by dermatologists.
Clinically, Aveeno eczema cream has been shown to help reduce itching and irritation of eczema in an infected person. It is enriched with:
- Colloidal Oatmeal and Ceramide
- Steroid and fragrance-free eczema cream.
- Dry, itchy, eczema-prone skin
Aveeno eczema cream is allergy-tested to be totally steroid-free, fragrance-free and it is also safe for daily use on the whole body. This cream uses the overall goodness of nature and the power of science to keep the skin looking good and feeling healthy and all around balanced. When Aveeno eczema cream is applied correctly to an infected body, it beautifies and completely leaves zero residue, which is impressive considering its deep hydrating abilities. It can also use this on the face if the consumer wishes.
Note: Based on the ingredients used in its making, Aveeno is far from natural and does not qualify as a skin-nourishing product, so it is advised for patients to steer clear of it and opt for actual natural alternatives that will heal and nurture the skin as part of a comprehensive skincare regimen.
AVEENO ECZEMA CREAM TEXTURE ON THE SKIN
Aveeno eczema cream, which is highly recommended and available globally, has a very rich and creamy good texture on the skin of its users, and some of these textures are:
- Lightweight texture.
- Light yet creamy texture.
- Rich, creamy texture.
- Rich, thick texture.
MAJOR INGREDIENTS USED IN AVEENO ECZEMA CREAM
The ingredients listed below have been carefully chosen to work together to be easily applied and provide moisturization and satisfaction to consumers. They are:
1. Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Oil: This ingredient is otherwise called Aveeno hero ingredients because it works extensively when combined with other ingredients to help restore the moisture barrier on the skin. It is derived from oat kernels.
2. Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract: This ingredient works well with the combination of other ingredients to smooth the skin, and it is derived primarily from oats.
3. Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour: This ingredient works greatly with other ingredients to generally moisturize the skin, which is also derived from oats.
4. Water: This ingredient helps to provide desired consistency and supports optimal application experience in the product.
5. Panthenol: It is also known as Pro-Vitamin B5, and this ingredient works with other ingredients to moisturize and soothe skin.
6. Petrolatum: This ingredient works greatly as a barrier to lock moisture in the skin.
7. Glycerin: This ingredient works with other ingredients to moisturize skin, and it is derived from vegetable oil.
8. Isopropyl Palmitate: This ingredient works with other ingredients when combined to moisturize the skin. It is derived from vegetable oil.
9. Dimethicone: This ingredient works with other ingredients to also moisturize the skin.
10. Ceramide: This ingredient works with other ingredients to moisturize the skin, and it’s derived from corn oil.
OTHER INGREDIENTS SELECTED TO PROTECT THE PRODUCT
This group of skin friendly ingredients has been carefully chosen to work together with Aveeno eczema cream to maintain a high quality product by helping prevent the formula from separating, losing its texture, or growing mold and bacteria when combined in their right proportion. They include:
1. Sodium Chloride: This ingredient gives the Aveeno eczema cream thickness and makes it easy to apply to the body.
2. Distearyldimonium Chloride: This ingredient helps keep the product from separating and gives it an all round consistent texture all year round.
3. Cetyl Alcohol: This ingredient helps to keep the ingredients in the product from separating and gives it a consistent texture. It is derived from coconut or vegetable oil.
4. Steareth-20: This ingredient helps keep the product from separating and gives it a consistent texture, it is derived from vegetable oil.
5. Benzalkonium Chloride: This ingredient helps keep products free from harmful bacteria and mold growth.
HOW TO USE THE AVEENO ECZEMA CREAM
The Aveeno eczema cream can be applied generously all over the affected area as required or as directed by a professional. This cream is meant to be used externally only and it is wise to avoid direct contact with the eyes completely.
SOME SIDE EFFECTS OF AVEENO ECZEMA CREAM
Some of the side effects of using Aveeno eczema cream are listed below:
i. Signs of an allergic reaction such as rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat
ii. Signs of skin infection like oozing, heat, swelling, redness, or pain.
iii. Bleeding that is not normal from the affected part of the body.
Note: If signs persist for more than seven days, it is best to completely avoid the use of the product and see a physician for medical advice.
Aveeno provides a 24 hour moisture guarantee and it has an NAE seal of acceptance, it is also fragrance free. However, skin can be vulnerable and requires very special care. All skin goes through sensitive, and it’s natural. Aveeno eczema cream is made from special formulas that are rich in therapeutic and nourishing ingredients, which help greatly in delivering real results for healthy looking skin, and that is why one ought to be thoughtful about the choices they make toward reducing the environmental footprint of these products.
Note: For external use only. When using this product do not get into eyes. Stop use and ask doctor if condition worsens or if symptoms last more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within