Beeswax for hair is made by worker honey bees and is the natural wax that makes up the structure of the honeycomb. Beeswax contains a great number of unique properties, and as a result, it is used in hair products and cosmetics.
Beeswax is safe and suitable for textured hair, whether it’s kinky, coily, or curly. If you’re serious about the health of your hair and love using natural hair care products, then you’ve got to make room and include beeswax for hair in your regular haircare routine.
BEESWAX FOR HAIR: BENEFITS
Beeswax has some antioxidant and antibacterial benefits, but its barrier properties are mostly the reason it has become a major ingredient in haircare and cosmetic products. It also has antibacterial agents and is non-comedogenic and non-irritating, making it a nearly universally safe option for all skin types. Read on as we take you through some of the best benefits of beeswax.
1. Beeswax is a good barrier against frizz: Since beeswax is not soluble in water, beeswax prevents high humidity from causing your hair to frizz. In addition, People who find their hair difficult to manage also use beeswax to smooth flyaway strands, keep their styles intact, and straighten their hair. Beeswax texture is great for keeping hair straight.
2. It helps create long-wearing hairstyles: One of the main benefits of beeswax for hair is that it is an excellent styling product that helps to keep your style in place. It works even better when mixed with a carrier oil or butter. Beeswax works great for keeping hair in place. Keep your style in place, especially for short hair.
Read Also: How to Grow your Hair 19 Inches Overnight
3. Beeswax locks in moisture: The texture and formula of beeswax make it a great choice for sealing split ends. More often than not, we tend to dry out our hair by using things like hair dye, hot styling tools, and styling products like gel and mousse. All of these products simply cause the hair to become brittle and damaged. Using beeswax can help solve this problem. By adding just a touch of carrier oil or butter, such as coconut oil or jojoba oil, you can create a natural moisturizer with antibacterial properties. Moreover, the traces of vitamin A and antioxidants in beeswax make it ideal for keeping hair moisturized.
4. Beeswax soothes scalp conditions: Beeswax for hair also has a positive effect on the scalp, as research has shown it can soothe symptoms of skin conditions such as psoriasis, dandruff, eczema, and itchiness.
5. Beeswax is also great at creating a protective barrier as it is unable to dissolve in water.
6. Beeswax promotes hair growth: Beeswax not only helps to maintain a healthy scalp and hair condition, but it also promotes hair growth. In addition, in 2016, a study noted that hair products containing beeswax caused hair to grow faster over the course of 30 days.
P.S: If you do choose to use the beeswax products daily, you would want to cleanse more frequently with a clarifying yet moisturizing shampoo to remove the product from your hair. Be sure to use a clarifying yet moisturizing shampoo.
BEESWAX FOR HAIR: HOW TO USE
If you’re looking for a natural way to style your hair with natural ingredients, then beeswax makes a really great choice. Simply, follow the steps below on how to use beeswax for hair.
- Mix some beeswax with a carrier oil.
- Carefully rub some into your hands.
- And gently run it through your hair, massaging the hair evenly.
But you probably won’t like the consistency of beeswax if used alone, hence, you can choose to mix your beeswax with carrier oils or butter, such as jojoba oil, coconut oil, and Shea butter.
BEST BEESWAX FOR HAIR
It is safe to say that beeswax is used in a wide variety of products in our cosmetic or skincare routines because of its antibacterial and antioxidant components. Beeswax has also become a great natural ingredient in most haircare products. Thanks to its barrier properties that makes it a fantastic natural holding ingredient especially for short hair and dreadlocks. Here are some of 5 of the beat beeswax for hair yuu acn easily fund in the market today.
1. Murray’s 100% Pure Beeswax For Hair: Murray’s 100% pure beeswax is an Australian beeswax for the hair that provides a stiff wax that is soft and easy to apply. The beeswax for hair is great for dreadlocks, great for keeping edges together, and other styling needs. It seals the ends and conditions them at the same time. Murrays 100% beeswax is perfect to give your hair a sheen or shiny look after each haircare routine.
2. Jamaican Mango & Lime Beeswax For Hair: Real Jamaican beeswax is made with Blue Mountain honey, mango, and lime for locking difficult-to-lock hair. It provides an extra firm hold for hard-to-lock, hair and contains a resistant formula that is great for gray hair. For daily use, apply a generous amount to the root and new growth and twist with your fingers or palm roll.
3. Murray’s Beeswax Black Seals & Condit: Murray’s Beeswax tinted black adds color and shine to the hair for a superior and fabulous finish. This beeswax for hair will help condition the hair, and does not require an additional topical like hairspray to keep it in place.
P.S: This Beeswax is used as a fine cuticle sealant for weaves or braids, especially for longer-length hair. Dulled ends will actually shimmer when the product is applied.
4. Dax Beeswax For Hair: Dax beeswax has an outstanding formula that’s specially formulated from pure beeswax and royal jelly. This combination provides the hair with a softening, soothing quality that leaves the hair looking all-natural and shiny. Beeswax for hair has been known to add volume to hair and works great for pressing, curling, braiding ends, and locks.
5. Mister Pompadour Natural Beeswax For Hair: This is a natural beeswax paste that has an amazing high hold that will keep the locks in place all day long and a natural matte finish that compliments the holding power. Pompadour Natural Beeswax for hair is made from all-natural ingredients and is completely free of alcohol and parabens. The formula is a water-soluble formula that contains a combination of beeswax and proteins that will make your hair feel just as good as it looks.
Since ancient times, beeswax has been a staple cosmetic ingredient. It has found numerous skin uses, but is also beneficial for your hair. From keeping flyaways in place to moisturizing and sealing split ends, the natural formula works wonders for both head and facial hair. Strangely enough, it can also simultaneously encourage hair growth and help with hair removal.
However, in 2016, a study showed that hair products containing beeswax caused hair to grow faster over the course of 30 days. Although we can’t guarantee this research as there was no control group in this research to keep records. Still, beeswax for hair is cheap, natural, and loaded with lots of amazing benefits for your hair as well as your body. Give it a try!.