Finding the best foundation for oily skin is difficult for people with oily skin in order to avoid having too much greasy or even cakey face. Foundation is one item that is the base of makeup, everyone needs foundation for their face including those with oily skin. There are thousands of foundations in stores and markets but for people with oily skin, there may be just few that can suit their skin type.
The foundation is very essential during make-up it helps to create an even base for your face for the other makeup to have smooth look. A good foundation will hold your makeup so that nothing can ruin it, this is why people with oily skin have to use the best suitable for their skin. The best foundation for oily skin will not only set an even tone for your skin but will also hide facial blemishes and scars while your face is smooth.
What Is The Best Foundation For Oily Skin
There are many foundations that are best or suitable for oily skin, these products can come in light, medium or full coverage depending on the look you want to achieve. You can easily get them in stores around you. These foundations can also be used by people with acne prone skin, too much oil production leads to clogging of the pores and with time, there will be acne breakouts. Most of them are also good for people with large pores, they can help reduce the look of pores on the face without clogging them.
Some best foundation for oily skin are:
1. Too Faced Born This Way Foundation: Too Faced is a popular product among beauticians because of its long lasting feature, 35 shades and medium – full coverage. The foundation comes in a liquid formulary and best for hiding blemishes. The finish is always smooth and matte which is suitable for oily skin.
2. L’Oréal Paris Infallible 24hr Matte Cover Foundation: L’oreal is not only limited to oily skin but also acne prone skin. After usage, there will not be patches on your face when your makeup has stayed for a long time. It is long lasting and can give the smoothest face ever while closing up your pores. L’oreal is a liquid foundation, medium coverage and has 20 shades. Apart form the good features, the product is also affordable.
3. Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation: Fenty has always been an award winning foundation that gives the face a smooth matte finish, the coverage is buildable which means you can set the tone of your face according to your preferences. There are 50 shades you can choose from to enjoy that skin like and matte look.
4. Oxygenetix Oxygenating Breathable Foundation: Oxygenetix is so recommended for people who battle with facial blemishes, acne and oily skin. The foundation does not only cover blemishes, control oil production but also allows your face to breath, so your face is safe even when you put too much products on it. The coverage is buildable and comes in 14 shades.
5. BareMinerals Original Foundation SPF15: This product is a powder foundation that controls oil production, it is formulated with minerals and also non-comedogenic. This helps your pores not to get blocked while they do not affect your look. There are 30 shades that are medium coverage, you can choose any that is suitable for your skin color.
6. Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Foundation: Charlotte is known to have full coverage that lasts for a long time. The foundation is formulated to suit people with oily skin and reduce how the pores look on the face. The finish is always a soft matte, you can choose from the 44 shades available.
7. IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Oil-Free Matte SPF 40: IT foundation acts like a moisturizer and foundation at the same time because of the ingredients it is made of. It has anti-inflammatory properties because of the tea tree extract, clay and oil-absorbing charcoal. The foundation has a cream formula, medium to full coverage and comes in 14 shades. The finish is matte which makes the face smooth.
8. Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Makeup: Estée is known for its long lasting feature and excellent coverage. It is also known for the wide range of 60 shades, it does not make the face cakey and can be used by people with oily skin.
9. Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup Cream: Clinique has grown to become suitable for all skin types including oily skin. The product for oily skin is lightweight and does not contain oil. It also hides blemishes and can calm down acne breakouts while fighting these blemishes. Clinique has the feature of cooling the skin, you can choose form the 8 shades available.
10. Laura Mercier Silk Crème Oil-Free Foundation: Laura has foundations for other skin type but this exact product is oil-free and can be easily blend, it has a buildable coverage which can last for a very long time like up to 12 hours. You can comfortably wear this foundation without thinking of your oily skin wearing off your makeup. There are about 16 shades that can match with any skin color.
11. Mamaearth Glow Serum Foundation with Vitamin C & Turmeric: Mamaearth is packed with tumeric and vitamin C which helps the skin to maintain its glow, reduce sun damage and help your skin to remain young. The foundation is clinically tested to be best in ending with the skin without having a cakey face. It does not have chemicals that may be harsh on the skin. It comes in 10 shades and you can make your choice based on your skin color.
Other best foundation for oily skin are:
- Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation
- Maybelline New York Super Stay 24H Full Coverage Liquid Foundation
- Iba Must-Have Waterproof Liquid Foundation
- Ruby’s Organics Skin Tint Mattifying Liquid Foundation
- Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation
- SWISS BEAUTY Ultra Coverage HD foundation
- Colorbar Skin Perfect SPF 60 Foundation
- CoverGirl Clean Oil Control Foundation
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation
- KVD Vegan Beauty Lock-It Foundation
Best Foundation For Oily Skin In Drugstore
Foundations can be gotten from drugstores if you do not have the chance to go to makeup stores and beauty shops. These drugstore foundations has good quality and are affordable. You can get the best foundation for oily skin, some of these foundations are:
1. Almay Clear Complexion Makeup: Almay has passed the test for both acne prone and oily skin, it is hypoallergenic and can be used by people with sensitive skin. It contains salicylic acid which helps in unclogging pores, the other ingredients are carefully selected to suit the skin without causing breakouts.
2. NYX Can’t Stop Won’t Stop Foundation: This product is so popular in drugstores as it is affordable but has not only long lasting feature but also a full matte and smooth look.
3. e.l.f. Camo Powder Foundation: The powder is mixed with primer that helps the pores not to become clogged. The powder is recommended to oily skin because it is made without phthalates and paraben. It is also non-comedogenic and gives a semi-matte look.
4. ColourPop Pretty Fresh Hyaluronic Acid Tinted Moisturizer: Colourpop is lightweight, this helps your pores to breath without getting clogged. The product hydrates the face and also oil-free.
5. Covergirl Clean Simply Powder Foundation: Covergirl covers the face so well like liquid or cream foundations but it is a powder formula. It is good for sensitive skin as it is non-acnegenic and also hypoallergenic. You can use the powder to give your face a matte finish.
Other best foundations for oily skin that can also be found in drugstores are:
- Pacifica Alight Clean Foundation
- Neutrogena Clear Coverage CC Cream
- L’oreal Paris Magic Nude Liquid Powder
- Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation + Concealer
- Ulta Velvet Matte Longwear Foundation
Foundation is the base of every makeup, it sets the tone of the face and gives other makeup products a smooth landing on the face. People with oily skin are advised to be mindful of the type of foundation they use as most products for other skin type can easily clog up the pores and give the face a greasy face. Some of the foundations can also be gotten in drugstores and are affordable for the results they give. You can try any of them out.