What is hair bleaching?
Hair bleaching simply means making your hair a lighter shade. If you want to make your hair a lighter shade, you would need to use a bleaching agent. Hair bleach helps you get your desired light shade. In hair bleaches, the most common used agent are Ammonia and hydrogen peroxide and persulfate.
Unlike using a dye that can fade with time or can be washed away, bleach is the best option for a permanent light shade of hair. To achieve your desired shade or results, you need to make use of the best hair bleach. In this article, you will get to know some of the best hair bleach you can comfortably choose from.
TYPES OF HAIR BLEACH
There are three different types of bleach, which are:
1. POWDER BLEACH: This the best bleach to go for. To use a powder bleach, you would have to make a paste out of the powder. This paste can be achieved by mixing a specified developer.
2. OIL BLEACH: This type of bleach is good for highlights and stubborn roots. It is based on a kind of sulfonated oil. It also has ingredients for hair lightening and volume developers.
3. CREAM BLEACH: This type of bleach is thick, unlike oil. It does not drip and it is easy to apply. Its thickness is due to the thickener and bluing agent. It also contains conditioner that prevents your hair from going dry.
17 BEST HAIR BLEACH
Below are the 17 best hair bleach you can choose from for your desired result. They include:
1. SALON CARE PROFESSIONAL BLUE FLASH POWDER LIGHTENER: This is a powder bleach. It contains ammonium persulfate, magnesium carbonate hydroxide, kaolin and ultra marine color. It lifts your hair up to 8 levels.
2. WELLA PROFESSIONALS BLONDER LIGHTENING POWDER: This is the normal type of powder bleach. It has an anti-yellowing agent. It is easy to mix and can be mixed with any developer. It lifts your hair up to 7 levels.
3. L’ANZA HEALING BLONDE ULTRA BLONDING DECOLORIZER: This is a powder bleach. It is known to be best for platinum hair . It has anti- yellowing agents and one of its ingredient named arginine helps to make your hair elastic and strong. Other active ingredients in this bleach are: ammonium persulfate, potassium persulfate and ultramarine color. It lifts your hair up to 9 levels.
4. L’OREAL SUPER ORAL BLANC PROFESSIONAL POWDER BLEACH: It is a dust-free bleach. It has a powder formula. It is made of the following active ingredients: ammonium chloride, magnesium peroxide and sodium persulfate. It lifts your hair up to 7 levels.
5. L’ORÉAL PROFESSIONAL BLOND STUDIO AMMONIA FREE SUN KISSED LIGHTENING OIL: This is one of the best hair bleach, it is an oil type bleach. It has an ammonia free formula. It is best if you need a bleach that is more subtle. It has no active ingredient. It lift only 2 levels.
6. SPARKS PROFESSIONAL COLOR POWDER LIGHTENER: This is a dust free powder bleach. It protects your strands from damage through its active ingredients: ammonium sulfate, lysine and arginine. It lifts your hair up to 8 levels.
7. RED KEN FLASH LIFT BONDER INSIDE: This is a permanent best hair bleach. It protects your bonds and keeps your hair strong without you having to use a volume developer. It is made of the active ingredients: magnesium carbonate hydroxide. It lifts your hair up to 8 levels.
8. MATRIX LIGHT MASTER V-LIGHT LIGHTENER: This is a powder bleach. It spreads smoothly around your hair. It is also dust free. It contains just two active ingredients: ammonium sulfate and potassium persulfate. It lifts your hair up to 7 levels.
9. SCHWARZKOPF BLONDE ME PREMIUM LIFT 9: This permanent powder bleach is best for brown hair. It is dust free and it contains the following active ingredients: magnesium carbonate hydroxide and potassium persulfate. It lifts your hair up to 9 levels.
10. CLAIROL PROFESSIONAL BASIC WHITE 2 LIGHTENER: This is a dust free powder bleach. It works for dark hair and it stays moist after mixing with the hair. It contains the following active ingredients: ammonium persulfate, potassium persulfate and sodium metasilicate. It level of hair lift is customized. It is an amazing best hair bleach
11. CLAIROL PROFESSIONAL BASIC WHITE EXTRA STRENGTH POWDER LIGHTENER: This is a dust free powder bleach. It has a moisture sealing humectant that makes it stay creamy and moist after mixing. It is best for highlights and it contains the ingredients, ammonium persulfate and potassium persulfate. Its level of hair lift is customized.
12. PULP RIOT CLAY LIGHTENER: This is a powder bleach. It has argon oil that makes your hair silky and soft. It also has kaolin, which causes minimal swelling. It contains other active ingredients: ammonium persulfate, potassium persulfate and magnesium carbonate. Its level of lift is customized.
13. ION COLOR BRILLIANCE BRIGHT WHITE CRÈME LIGHTENER: This is one of the best hair bleach, it is the cream type of bleach. It has a moist and smooth consistency that helps to condition the hair. It contains keratin that helps to replenish and strengthen your hair strands. It contains the following active ingredients: ammonium persulfate, potassium persulfate and kaolin. It lifts your hair up to 8 levels.
14. L’OREAL QUICK BLUE POWDER BLEACH: This is a powder bleach. It can be mixed with a developer. It is easy to apply and is safe for the scalp. It lifts your hair up to 7 levels.
15. MANIC PANIC FLASH LIGHTENING HAIR BLEACH KIT: This is a dust free powder bleach. This bleach is very affordable. It is used with 40 volume developer and is applied with a brush. It lifts your hair up to 5 levels.
16. JOLEN CRÈME BLEACH FORMULA: This is a cream bleach. It is infused with aloe vera for sensitive skin and to lighten dark hair moisture. Its level of hair lift is customized.
17. KELVIN MURPHY COLOR ME ULTIMATE LIGHTENER: This is one of the best hair bleach in powder form. It strengthens your hair bond and strengthens your hair. It contains only two active ingredients which are; rice protein and black cumin oil. It lifts up to 9 levels.
DOES BLEACH DAMAGE THE HAIR
Hair bleach is not meant to damage your hair, but if not done correctly, it can cause great damage to your hair. This is because, bleaching opens the cuticles of your hair to help absorb the melanin that gives your hair its color, and if not done correctly, it makes your hair dry, porous and damaged.
HOW CAN YOU CHOOSE THE BEST HAIR BLEACH
1. IDENTIFY YOUR HAIR COLOR LEVEL: Identify your hair color level (depth) for an effective result. Hair color is measured from 1 which is the darkest (it could be black or brown) to 10 which is the lightest blonde. Once you have identified your hair color, then you can choose a bleach type or brand that would suit your hair needs.
2. KNOW YOUR HAIR CONDITION: This is another important thing to consider when choosing a bleach for effective result. If your hair is damaged, has a fine or coarse texture or is dry then it might have a negative effect on your hair.
3. CONSIDER THE SHADE OF HAIR YOU DESIRE: Before you choose a hair bleach, consider the shade of hair you desire. If you want to change your hair from:
- Dark to light or medium light
- Medium to light
- Light to lighter
Your choice determines the type of hair bleach you should consider going for.
4. USE THE RIGHT VOLUME OF DEVELOPER: There are various volumes of developer for each results you want to achieve. A 10 volume developer does not lift hair color, so it is not recommended to be used for lightening of hair. A 20 volume developer can be used with any bleach that lifts your hair up to 2 levels. A 30 volume developer can be used with any bleach that lifts your hair up to 4 levels. A 40 volume developer can be used with any bleach that lifts your hair between 8 to 9 levels.
Even though you are choosing the best hair bleach, you need to do it right. It has to be right for a good result and especially to avoid damaging your hair. If you cannot do it yourself, I advise that you visit a professional salon to get it done.