Lavender hair is a hair color known for its lush pastel goodness. It adds to your style. While black, blonde, red, and brown hair colors are the most common and preferred hair colors in a world of natural-beauty lovers, we can’t help but swoon over the latest shade to take the hair color world by storm: lavender. This elegant hair color, ranging from edgy purple-silver tones to muted lilac hues, is really versatile with a variety of shades that complement all skin colors and styles.
Lavender locks are very elegant, delicate, and stunning and bring softness and individuality to your style. Pastel and candy-colored hair has been trending for a while now. And thanks to stars like Cardi B, who recently showed off rainbow-hued tresses on Instagram. (Seriously, we could spend hours scrolling through Pinterest boards and Instagram feeds dedicated to colorful hair.) But for those looking to take the leap into a world of whimsical hair colors, lavender hair is a superb choice to give a try.
LAVENDER HAIR COLOR TREND
Lavender is an elegant hair color that adds beautiful and impressive highlights to your looks. Here, you can see how stunning a head full of tight curls can shine, even brighter with perfectly placed purple highlights. Let’s take a glance at the pictures below and see how well you can rock lavender hair—wearing it straight, wavy, curly, up, down, and braided.
1. Lavender curls: Lavender hair encompass bright pops of lavender extending all the way to the ends and dark roots up top, This hair coils are trendy and gorgeous. Since naturally curly hair is known to be drier and hair color treatments exacerbate that dryness, be sure to use a curl cream to keep your coils shiny and hydrated.
2. Lavender Undercut: A lavender undercut is a superb choice for you if you do not want to go with a full lavender hair style. The lavender undercut offers a purple and black undercut with a nice in-between. The bold curls pair beautifully with the bright hue, for a hair look that can’t be ignored.
3. Lavender Fade: Lavender Fade features a wavy hair look that’s nothing short of stunning. From bright purple to a pale shade that’s nearly white, this gives us fairy-princess vibes that look straight out of a storybook.
4. Faded Lavender Ombre: Faded Lavender Ombre is a great choice if you prefer to dip only your ends into the purple hair color trend. If you bleach your ends, you can use temporary hair dyes so you can switch between colors as you please.
5. Metallic Purple Candy: Anytime you add a high-shine finish to colored hair, you have yourself a mane that looks absolutely magical and attractive. This one, while tagged as purple candy by the colorist, makes us think of a glowing fortune ball.
6. White Lavender: White lavender hair brings us major mermaid vibes (and even a little bit of Ursula, if we’re being specific). If you are looking to rock this hairstyle with no naturally curly hair, try using a half-inch curling iron to get the look. And, whatever you do, don’t forget to include a heat protector.
7. Lavender Tie-Dye: This lavender blue, teal, and white striped hair color is undeniably an alluring and stunning hair color idea. This lavender multicolored mane flawlessly brings images of tie-dye to mind.
8. Lavender Highlights: With Lavender Highlights, you really don’t have to go full lavender to hop on this trend. This style features a head full of tight coils that can shine even brighter with perfectly placed lavender highlights.
9. Old Hollywood Lavender Bob: This is what we call pastel lavender perfection. And with a deep side part and curled-under ends, it looks like the prettiest and yet simplest pin-up ‘do.
10. Pastel Purple Perfection: This lavender bombshell is giving us major hair envy—both for the color and the volume. Be sure to spritz your strands with a light-hold volumizing spray to maintain the height to adequately show off the dusty purple hue. A light hold spray like Drybar’s Triple Sec 3-in-1 Finishing Spray ($26) does exceptional magical work.
11. Lavender Braids: It’s a big yes to these lovely lavender braids from us. I couldn’t have concluded this without including these lively and trendy lavender colored braids.
WHAT COLOR GOES WITH LAVENDER HAIR
Many hair color shades pair perfectly well with lavender hair. Hair colors such as black, white, metallic purple, and blue are all great color combinations for your lavender hair. But one of the most flattering is pink. Combining a pink color (whether pale or bright) creates a brilliant and gorgeous appearance. The colors are also complementary, so you can create an ombre effect or opt for a pink base with lavender highlights. Also, a split-dyed look is great for those who are more daring and adventurous.
HOW LONG DOES LAVENDER HAIR LAST
Depending on how much you wash your hair, pastel colored lavender hair will last about six to eight weeks. This is because Pastels in nature are just lighter versions of jewel-tone colors, so the lighter the color is to start with, the quicker it’s going to wash off. While a blue hue on a lavender hair may be a little tougher to get out of the hair, a pink color fades away very quickly from the hair.
MEN’S LAVENDER HAIR
Men’s lavender hair colors are endlss, whether its to create trendy streaks of color, darken light hair or lighten dark hair, these colors are non-exhaustive and trendy. Men with lavender hair look daring and incredible, so if you’re thinking of making the change, consider going for the right lavender hue. Of course, selecting a great color and achieving an awesome hair result can be really tricky. It’s always recommended to seek out a professional colorist before you consider coloring your hair.
Here are four amazing purple hair color ideas for men that you should definitely consider!
1. High Purple Tinted Quiff: If you have a job where a professional look is compulsory but you crave a pastel purple hairstyle, you should know that colored hair sprays do a fine job. A few puffs on the quiff, and a superb look is the result.
2. Short Messy Hair: The short messy hair style is a great option If you are looking to add a little edge to your look, try a short, messy style. To get the look, you need to start by applying a light purple color to your locks. Then, use a pomade or gel to make your hair messy all over your head. For the last step, set the style with a bit of hairspray to keep everything in place.
3. Lavender Mohawk: Consider a lavender color with a mohawk style if you want to introduce a pop of hue to your hair. To achieve this look, start by mohawking your hair up in the traditional way. Then apply a generous amount of hairspray on it to hold your style in place.
4. Multicolored Highlights: As a man with long hair, you might consider getting a color combination of green, pink, blue, and purple highlights, and you don’t necessarily need to use permanent hair dye to create this magical hair hue.
Lavender hair is a hair color known for the lush pastel goodness that it effortlessly adds to your style. While rocking lavender hair might seem like a major leap, there are lots and lots of styles to choose from, ranging from straight, wavy, curly, up, down, and braided—you might just change your mind. However, these styles are all trendy and gorgeous.