Neem oil for hair is a natural by-product of the neem tree, a type of evergreen tree that primarily grows in India. The oil is gotten from the tree’s fruits and seeds. Neem tree oil is widely used in traditional medicine. It is loaded with the goodness of vitamins and antioxidants and is reported to demonstrate anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects.
BEST BRANDS OF NEEM HAIR OIL
Neem oil has stood out as an ayurvedic treatment for the hair with its multiple benefits. The antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties keep your hair free from lice infestation while enriching your hair with vitamins. However, there are many brands of neem oil for hair in the market today. If you are not sure of which brand to go for, here is a list of the top 6 neem oils made especially to bring thickness and growth to your hair,
1. Kate Blanc Cosmetics Organic Neem Oil: Kate Blanc Cosmetics brings to you a versatile neem oil for hair growth and softening. Its antioxidant, vitamin E, and fatty acid-infused formula work wonders to promote hair growth and moisturize dry hair. Kate Blanc organic neem oil works for issues like dandruff, redness, or eczema.
2. Harris 100% Cold Pressed Neem Oil: With Harris cold pressed neem oil, dandruff and other scalp conditions can be minimized and soothed owing to its healing and antifungal properties. Using this neem oil for hair strengthening, growth, and moisturization can yield superb results. Harris cold pressed Neem oil contains antifungal components, soothes scalp conditions, moisturizes, strengthens hair, and can be mixed with other hair oils to derive multiple hair benefits.
Read Also: How to Grow your Hair 19 Inches Overnight
3. Aromine Essential Neem Oil: Aromine Essential Neem Oil is unrefined and undiluted, so your scalp and hair can receive all the goodness it has to offer. It features an earthy scent as a bonus, and you won’t have to worry about an odor like with traditional oils out there. Aromine is enriched with omega 6, 9, and fatty acids that deeply nourish your hair from root to tip.
5. Mary Tylor Natural Organic Neem Oil: Mary Tylor’s natural organic neem oil for hair and skin is undeniably your all-in-one magic potion. The antioxidant-rich formula is also supplemented with essential fatty acids and vitamin E to intensely nourish your hair and scalp.
6. GreenIVe Organic Neem oil: GreenIVe’s 100% pure neem oil is organically made and contains zero chemicals. GreenIVe’s organic neem oil stimulates blood flow to your scalp, so hair falls less and grows faster. The nutrient-rich formulation works on your hair to soften, strengthen, and aid in hair growth.
7. Premium Nature Organic Neem Oil: Premium Nature brings to you a high-quality organic neem oil to meet all your skin and hair care needs. This neem oil for hair works efficiently to moisturize and supply hydration to dry hair, and locks in moisture into the hair.
HOW TO MAKE USE NEEM OIL FOR HAIR GROWTH
- Combine 1 ounce of carrier oil for every 12 drops of neem oil.
- Apply directly to the scalp and massage gently using your finger pads.
- Draw the oil through your strands from root to end.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Rinse and wash with your usual shampoo.
P.S: Carrier oils, including jojoba or olive oil, are used to reduce potential irritation and itchiness. You can apply diluted neem oil once per day for one to two hours at a time. But leaving it on your scalp longer or using it more frequently may result in irritation.
NEEM OIL FOR HAIR GROWTH BENEFITS.
Neem oil has been used in traditional medicine in India for many decades. It has been used to treat several kinds of ailments, such as smallpox and ulcers. Neem oil for hair contains nimbidin, which research has shown can reduce inflammation. The anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antioxidant properties of neem oil can help to treat many scalp issues, including dandruff, inflammation, and itchiness.
In addition to nimbi din, neem hair oil is high in fatty acids, such as omega 6 and 9, linoleic, oleic, stearic, and palmitic acids, which help lock in moisture to hair, so that your locks are less prone to breakage, damage, and split ends. It also contains vitamin E and calcium, all of which contribute to healthy hair and scalp. Let’s take a look at a few benefits that neem oil for hair provides.
1. Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties: It soothes scalp inflammation. Neem is rich in antioxidants, which, in addition to its anti-inflammatory properties, makes it great for scalp health. Because it contains vitamin E and other antioxidants, neem can help skin cells regenerate. It treats dandruff and smoothes frizz.
2. Antimicrobial dandruff treatment: Research has shown that neem oil is loaded with lots of antifungal properties that can help cure and clear dandruff. Dandruff is often caused by fungus on the scalp, and neem oil can provide a natural solution to this problem. Markowitz, a hair expert, shares that those with dandruff, dry scalp, and frizzy hair will benefit the most from the use of neem hair oil.
3. It supports the growth of healthy hair follicles: Neem oil supports the growth of healthy hair follicles because of its antioxidant properties. Hair growth starts with a healthy scalp, so in treating the scalp you are also treating the hair. Neem oil can be used as a natural treatment for head lice. Its antifungal and antibacterial components work efficiently to eliminate lice in the hair without stripping the hair of its natural oil. Research has shown that neem oil shampoos targeted for head lice removal were effective at eradicating cases of lice, and so neem oil has the ability to treat lice as one of its benefits.
4.It prevents hair loss: The regular application of neem oil can promote healthier, thicker, and richer hair growth and, as such, helps prevent hair loss. Hair loss has a number of causes, one of which is hair breakage. Hair breakage can be prevented by moisturizing and strengthening the hair, both of which neem oil can do. Neem oil is high in antioxidants and fatty acids, such as linoleic, oleic, and palmitic acids, which help lock moisture into hair.
NEEM OIL FOR HAIR SIDE EFFECTS
Neem oil for hair is generally considered safe to use as there are little to no side effects recorded from its usage. However, people who have sensitive skin may be more likely to experience itchiness or other irritation.
Diluting pure neem oil or using a diluted premade solution is key to minimizing irritation. Performing a patch test can also help you assess your risk for irritation.
WHO CAN USE NEEM OIL FOR HAIR
Neem hair oil is generally recommended for anyone with dandruff or experiencing scalp itchiness, and so, anyone with any of these conditions can benefit from it. Neem oil is not only recommended for thin hair treatment but also works to soothe an itchy scalp.
Neem hair oil is one of the many products from the neem tree. It has been shown to contain antimicrobial, antifungal, and anti-parasitic properties and has been used to treat ailments effectively from head to toe. Neem oil is believed to act as a natural dandruff buster when applied to the hair and scalp by eliminating the bacteria at the source of the flakes.