Celery and peanut butter are two nutrient- rich snacks. The combination of celery and peanut butter makes for a snack that is rich in fiber and protein. It is also a good source of manganese, niacin, heart-healthy fats, copper, potassium, vitamins and minerals.
Peanut butter has been shown to help reduce inflammation by boosting antioxidant levels in the body. While celery is also a natural source of inflammation-busting vitamin K. When these two are paired, you get an anti-inflammatory benefit from both. They also create an appropriate balance of fats, carbohydrates, fiber and protein, which helps keep you full and energized.
CELERY AND PEANUT BUTTER CALORIES
As celery and peanut butter have a moderate calorie level, you can expect a small 5-inch (13-cm) celery stalk with a tablespoon of 100% peanut butter to provide you with nutrients in the following compositions:
Total calories: 96
- Carbs: 4grams
- Fiber: 2grams
- Fat: 8grams
- Protein: 4grams
- Niacin: 5% of the Daily Value
- Manganese: 13% of the Daily Value
- Phosphorus: 5% of the DV
- Vitamin B6: 6% of the DV
- Zinc: 5% of the DV
- Copper: 11% of the DV
- Vitamin K: 4% of the DV
- Foliate: 5% of the DV.
IS CELERY AND PEANUT BUTTER HEALTHY
Celery and peanut butter are a healthy snack that has low carb content, moderate protein content and a rich source of antioxidants, vitamins, fiber and minerals, and thus promotes good health. Below are the health benefits of celery and peanut butter:
1. High in potassium: Celery contains high levels of potassium, giving you yet another reason to eat celery and peanut butter on a regular basis and before exercising, because potassium helps reduce muscle cramps and provides electrolytes that help the body maintains and get rid of harmful toxins.
2. High in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants: Peanut butter is high in vitamin E and C which boost the immune system by activating antibodies that fight infection and also reduces inflammations respectively.
3. Celery and peanut butter are low in sugar: Celery and peanut butter are a low-sugar snack you can eat regularly to stabilize energy and manage your blood sugar levels. To help lower the carb and sugar contents, you can purchase low-sugar or no sugar peanut butter.
This is because low or no sugar snacks help stabilize your energy levels, while preventing fatigue caused by quick surges of glucose in the blood stream. Consuming a low sugar diet for a long period also lowers your risk of developing certain chronic illnesses, including type 2 diabetes.
4. It has a low carb content: If you are watching your calories and trying to cut back on the amount of carbs you consume, celery and peanut butter come in handy as a better option. The reason is because the high quality unsaturated fat in the peanut butter fills you up while the celery adds no extra carbs, calories or sugar.
6. Celery is high in vitamin K: Celery contains high levels of vitamin K; vitamin K is required for blood clotting and bleeding reduction. Vitamin K also contains osteocalcin, a protein that holds calcium in the bone, thereby, strengthening the bones and preventing fracture.
5. Rich in fats and protein: Peanut butter is a rich source of essential protein and unsaturated fat, which increases the feeling of fullness and keeps the stabilizes your energy.
6. Boosts immune system: Celery and peanut butter is a healthy and rich source of vitamins, protein and minerals that helps boost the immune system as well as lower the risk of most chronic illness.
IS CELERY AND PEANUT BUTTER GOOD FOR DIABETICS
Celery and peanut butter may help lower your risk for diabetes as they are rich in unsaturated fat.
According to a study published in ”The Journal of the American Medical Association” in 2002, people who ate peanuts or peanut butter more often, were less likely to have diabetes than those who rarely consumed peanut butter.
The unsaturated fats contained in these peanuts also enhance cholesterol levels and lower the risk of heart disease. Celery and peanut butter are rich sources of antioxidants, which are beneficial compounds that protect you from disease causing cell damage, as well as prevent the risk of diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
IS CELERY AND PEANUT BUTTER GOOD FOR WEIGHT LOSS
Celery and peanut butter is a rich source of fiber, protein and fat. These three nutrients help the body fight hunger and increase the feeling of satisfaction and fullness. Even though peanut butter is rich in calories and fat, research suggests that including peanut butter in your diet doesn’t cause you to gain weight.
On the other hand, celery has a low calorie content, it is rich in water and antioxidants, therefore, it’s low energy density level may also help with weight loss. Celery provides a healthy dose of fiber to prevent inflammation and obesity while also curbing hunger between meals so you eat fewer meals overall.
Celery when coupled with peanut butter, provides fiber, protein and healthy fats that work together to help fight hunger, increase the feeling of fullness, and promote your chances of losing weight.
IS CELERY AND PEANUT BUTTER A KETO DIET
A keto diet includes celery and peanut butter. A keto diet is a food that has a low carbohydrate, and a low
fat diet. Celery and peanut butter have a low carb content, a moderate protein content and a rich source of unsaturated fat.
Its low carb content makes it appropriate for low carb diets and particularly suitable for keto diets. Its low carb content and high fat nature make celery and peanut butter a preferable snack for those following a keto diet as it helps you feel full and satisfied.
Celery and peanut butter is a convenient and nutrient-rich snack that pleases kids as well as adults. Celery and peanut butter fits most diet plans plus the additional combination of crunch and creaminess. Celery and peanut butter has many health benefits.
Eating celery and peanut butter is a great snack idea to add to your diet as it contains all the essential nutrients and vitamins, while also controlling blood sugar levels, reducing appetite between meals, stabilizing energy and preventing fatigue caused by quick surges of glucose in the blood. Adding this butter to your diet, provides you with a balance of all three essential nutrients; protein, carbohydrate and fat.