Black lipsticks are known to be exceptionally cool and bold. It goes well on any skin type and with any dress you wear. It can be intimidating and dramatic, but it is worth the while and the stares. There are many brands of black lipstick available on the market, but if you are low on budget, then you can try doing it yourself. It is not rocket science how to make black lipstick with crayons.
Yes!, you can make lipstick out of crayons. It is very easy and not expensive at all. It is one of the most popular ways to make black lipstick by yourself. Using crayons is safe as they have been made to be non-toxic in case children chew them. Crayons are made up of paraffin wax and powder pigment. They are food grade and non-toxic. In this article, you will learn how to make your black lipstick with a crayon. To make this, you need the following ingredients:
- Black crayon
- ½ teaspoon of coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon of olive oil
- An empty, clean and tiny container
How To Make Black Lipstick With Crayons: Procedures
- Peel the paper out of the crayon.
- Cut the crayon into smaller pieces.
- Put these pieces into a bowl that can absorb heat.
- Add coconut oil and olive oil to the bowl.
- Make it melt completely. You can get it melted in a microwave or you can place it in a pot of hot water. While using the pot of hot water method, do not let the water get into the bowl.
- Mix carefully with a toothpick, stirring stick, fork, or iron spoon while you beat it. This will enable the crayon and the oil to fuse appropriately.
- Turn the melted crayon wax and oil into the empty, clean, and tiny container.
- Let it cool for a few minutes.
- Pop it into a refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take it out of the refrigerator and let it sit for some time.
- It would be cool and your black lipstick would be ready for use. Do not put it in the refrigerator when it is still hot.
This procedure takes a maximum of about 40 minutes before it is ready for use. Apart from using coconut oil, you can use any other mineral or essential oil like;
- Grapefruit oil
- Carrot oil
- Peppermint oil
- Lavender oil, etc.
These oils are very good moisturizers, they keep the wax of the crayon moist and make your lipstick able to spread easily on your lips.
You can also use:
- Shea butter
- Petroleum jelly
- Vitamin E
TIPS ON HOW TO WEAR YOUR BLACK LIPSTICK WITHOUT LOOKING AWFUL
If you have made your black lipsticks, you must know how to wear them correctly to avoid looking awful or strange. Below are some tips on how to wear your black lipstick:
1. It is necessary that you exfoliate your lips gently using a toothbrush or a lip scrub. This helps you to get rid of dry, flaky, or dead lips.
2. Moisturize your lips using a lip balm. This will enable the lipstick to flow well and look good and fresh, not dry.
3. Outline your lips using a lip liner to keep your black lipstick in place.
TIPS ON HOW TO REMOVE YOUR BLACK LIPSTICK
If your lipstick dries up on your lips as a result of less oil for moisture, it might be difficult to remove. Below are some tips on how to remove your black lipstick:
1. Apply a lip ball, petroleum jelly, or any essential oil. These would lubricate and moisturize the lipstick. After it is applied, use a cotton pad, a baby wipe, or a small towel to whip it off gently.
2. Use a makeup remover product. These products are made specifically to remove any makeup, they come in different types and they help to exfoliate your lips while removing the lipstick with some level of care.
3. Add a small amount of micellar water to a cotton pad, a baby whip, or a small towel. Let it press against your lips for about a minute, then swipe the lipstick out.
REASON WHY YOU SHOULD WEAR YOUR OWN BLACK LIPSTICK
1. You do not need a particular shape of face: Black lipstick goes well with all face types. All you need is light makeup and well-defined eyebrows.
2. You can wear it anytime with anything: Yes!, black lipstick goes well with any dress you wear and could be worn anytime and season. If you love black on your lips, then go for it.
3. It makes your skin glow: A dark color promotes a brighter color. Black is known to be the darkest color in the world. So, black lipstick promotes your skin by making it glow.
4. It defines your teeth: Black lipstick makes defines your teeth and makes them look clean and neat to some extent. This is because, as earlier said, a dark color promotes a brighter color.
5. It makes you stand out: When you use black lipstick instead of the usual colors, you stand out among the crowd and your lips do the talking.
BENEFITS OF MAKING YOUR OWN LIPSTICK
1. Precision: One reason you need to make your lip crayon is that you are sure of your ingredients. You would not need to use lipstick that contains chemicals or ingredients that would have negative effects on your lips.
2. Shade: When you make your lipstick by yourself, you will tend to make your desired shade. If you want a lighter or a darker shade, you would make it yourself.
3. Smooth: When you make your lipstick, you would tend to make it smooth because you do the melting and mixture yourself.
4. Hydration: When you make your lipstick, you add in the quantity of the oil that would be sufficient to keep your lips hydrated and moist.
5. Budget-friendly: Making lipstick by yourself is budget friendly and less expensive. Most of the ingredients used in making it can be grabbed around your house or can be gotten at a very low price.
Black lipstick is cool and bold although it is sometimes discriminated against and thought to be weird, awful, or scary. This lipstick can be made by anyone, even kids because it is very easy and also fun to make. When you make it correctly, you get the best result. It is long-lasting and sits perfectly on your lips without flaw.