Lavender hair dye is a light purple hair color and a pastel-lovers’ dream! Lavender is the sexy shade of a pinker lilac, which is also one of the hot hair color ideas that are absolutely gorgeous and trendy this year.
This cool-toned shade made from a blue base works well straight from the bottle as a single color, or a primary mixer to make your own shade. It’s a perfect blend of purple and blue shades which makes it suitable for any hair type and skin tone.
Lavender is a great complimentary color for all kinds of silver and blonde hair shades. Lavender can be soft, it can be pastel, it can be bright, electric or neon. And it looks completely fascinating with an ombre, balayage or highlights styles.
6 BEST LAVENDER HAIR DYE
Looking for the best lavender hair dye to try out this season?, read on as we’ve carefully selected six of the best products available in the market to give a try. And trust us you’d definitely love the super fabulous results. Without further ado, Here are the best lavender hair dyes to try out this season.
1. Clairol Color Crave Semi Permanent Hair Dye, Lavender: This is a great lavender color that’s easy to apply and the crème is lovely and thick and leaves a lustrous, vibrant color that gives great highlight to your hair and skin. Key features to take note of:
• Lasts 15+ washes.
• Visible on any hair type, so your look isn’t limited by your locks.
• The lighter your hair, the longer your wear.
P.S: After 5 washes, it’s on its way out so it won’t last the 15+ washes it promises but the color is so lovely, cute and keeps anyone who uses this vibrant lavender dye glued to using it. Here’s what a shopper has to say about this lavender hair dye.
”This hair dye was easy to use and the color came out great. Personally I may have needed to saturate some strands a little better, but I still love the purple color that came out.”
2. Crazy Color Semi Permanent Hair Dye, Lavender: This is definitely the perfect lavender dye to achieve the best Blue lavender hue. The color is really nice for a temporary dye, and lasts longer than expected. A few things to note about this semi permanent hair dye.
• Adds an instant burst of color and vibrancy to your look.
• Easy to use and lasts out in 6-8 washes
• Create striking looks with ease without worrying about any long term commitment.
3. Schwarzkopf Live Ultra Brights Pretty Pastel Lilac Hair Dye: This is called lilac hair color but it’s practically more of a purple than pink pastel shade, this makes it another great option for anyone searching for a lavender hair dye. For the application: Although several reviews said you’d need about two boxes to get the perfect effect and look, here’s something you may want to consider; if you’re just going for dipped ends or touches one box will be enough. A little more information about this lavender hair dye.
• Express your color creativity.
• Full-head, ombre or highlights.
• Creates a soft pastel hue.
• Pre-lightens dark hair with LIVE intense lightener for a soft pastel result.
4. Adore Shining Semi Permanent Hair Color, Soft Lavender: Adore shinning lavender hair color is lusciously vibrant and one of the strongest lavender colors on this list. This dye is highly pigmented and effective even when you choose to dilute it a little with conditioner so the bottle will last a few more applications. Here’s a little more information about this lavender hair dye.
• No Ammonia, No Peroxide, and No Alcohol.
• Infuses each hair strand with a vibrant burst of luxurious color.
• Deposits natural looking color while giving your hair a healthy resilient shine.
• Leaves hair in better condition than before coloring.
• Available in so many colors.
Let’s read from a reviewer who has used this product and found it very helpful.
”As a retired hairdresser I can recommend this range of colors. It is always best to use on pre lightened hair for best results in obtaining the true color match.”
5. Directions Hair Color – Lavender: Directions hair color is a fabulous dye that’s great for a super soft lavender hair. Directions hair color gives a great color and its really easy to use, the only downside is this color on it’s own does wash out/fade really quick and shows up best on bleached hair. A few important things to note before going for this hair dye.
• These shades can be mixed too meaning the possibilities are endless.
• One 88ml tub will usually cover shoulder length hair.
• Long lasting, semi-permanent dyes that work well on most hair types.
• Vegan friendly & are not tested on animals.
6. Manic Panic Silver Stiletto Gray Hair Dye – Icy Silver Shade with Lavender Tint: Silver Stiletto is an icy, lavender-tinted silver hair dye that acts as a toner to help create pale, platinum hair by removing yellow hues. It creates really stunning great looks when applied to an already toned, pre-lightened level 10 hair. This fabulously named Silver Stiletto is more of a toner than a dye and works great for really pale blonde hair and lasts for a period of 4-6weeks.
DO YOU HAVE TO BLEACH YOUR HAIR TO DYE IT LAVENDER?
On several occasions, you may need to bleach or lighten your hair to get the best result from your lavender hair dye. Moreover, It is always best to use specific dyes on pre lightened hair for best results in obtaining the true color match. In addition, Dark hair can be dyed with a lavender hair dye without bleaching as several brands now manufacture hair colors that do not require bleaching to get the best matching results.
HOW LONG DOES LAVENDER HAIR DYELAST?
Depending on how much you wash your hair, pastel colored lavender hair dye will last about four weeks before it starts fading off. This is because Pastels in nature are just lighter versions of jewel-tone colors as they make use of less pigment. so the lighter the color is to start with, the quicker it’s going to wash off. While a blue hue on a lavender hair may be a little tougher to get out of the hair, a pink color fades away very quickly from the hair.
HOW TO APPLY LAVENDER HAIR DYE
1. Bleach your hair if needed to get the most vibrant purple results: This first step is usually necessary if you have dark hair and you want your lavender hair dye to be very bright.
2. Apply coconut oil to your hair the night before bleaching: Rubbing a small amount of coconut oil or any carrier oil into your hair a night before bleaching can help prevent damage, especially if you have thick or coarse hair.
3. Protect your workstation and skin from the bleach: This step is to prevent the hair dye from staining your skin and surfaces. Most dyes are easy to wash off while some others may take longer than expected.
4. Mix the ingredients according to the package directions: Typically, bleaching kits will come with a packet of bleach powder and a developer. Ensure to read the instructions thoroughly before you begin.
5. Use a brush to apply the dye to the areas on your hair you want to dye.
6. Leave the bleach on for the recommended amount of time, then rinse: Since bleaching is a harsh chemical process, it’s important to heed to the timing and not leave the dye on for longer than instructed. Set a timer, and when the timer goes off, rinse your hair with cool water.
P.S: Since bleaching is a harsh chemical process, it’s best to have it done at a salon by an experienced colorist, but you can do it yourself if you’re comfortable experimenting with your hair.
Lavender hair dye is a light purple hair dye color, its results are super cool and really gorgeous.
Dyeing your hair bold colors is a great way to express yourself. Lavender is a color that symbolizes prosperity, power, boldness and excitement, and it looks good on a variety of different skin tones.