HEALTH BENEFITS OF JASMINE GREEN TEA.
Cancer Fighting Antioxidants
Reduce Cholesterol Level
Diabetes Fighter • Fat Buster •
How Much Can You Drink? Nothing beats a warm cup of jasmine green tea! This aromatic beverage is a rich source of antioxidants, boasting the ability to reduce cholesterol and lower blood pressure.
A cup on a daily basis is a surefire way to regulate blood sugar levels and even boost your immunity, metabolism. To top it off, jasmine tea can help ease stress and promote a sense of well-being.
Are you a tea drinker? If so, you might have heard some lovely things about jasmine green tea.
This healthy drink combines the goodness of green tea with the fragrance of jasmine flowers. And while this match made in heaven is pleasing to your palate, it’s just as good for your health. From its antioxidant content to its relaxing properties, there are plenty of reasons to brew yourself a cup.
1. Cancer-Fighting Antioxidants Compared to other types of tea, green tea has a noteworthy level of antioxidant activity. It contains higher levels of epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), a polyphenol that has potent cancer-fighting abilities.
This component is actually lost in the fermentation process used to make black tea. Researchers even found that it helps battle the big C by inducing death of cancer cells. During the study, they compared the activity of different phenolic acids along with the flavonoids in green tea.
Conclusion: Epigallocatechin gallate was most effective in its antiproliferative action against cancerous cells. So, go for jasmine green tea for an antioxidant boost.
2. Reduced Blood Pressure Hypertension and stress can cause blood pressure levels to skyrocket, placing you at risk for cardiovascular problems like heart attacks or strokes.
This calls for a simple natural remedy that can help control your blood pressure. Cue the jasmine green tea! Thanks to its distinctive aromatic fragrance, this drink can relax your body and mind.
As a result, your stress subsides and your blood pressure calms down. Research has even revealed that drinking green tea does have a favourable effect on your blood pressure, especially when it comes to obesity-linked hypertension.
Aside from the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of flavonoids in jasmine green tea, this tasty beverage also has cardiovascular benefits. Those flavonoids can improve coronary flow reserve, enabling more blood to flow through your coronary arteries.
3. Reduced Cholesterol Levels Health conscious people have been rooting for green tea for quite some time. So, it’s no surprise that jasmine green tea is a stellar choice for the body.
Researchers have found that drinking green tea can cause a significant reduction of your total cholesterol and LDL (“bad”) cholesterol levels.
Clearly, it’s pretty powerful. Animal studies have also found that jasmine green tea epicatechins (natural antioxidants) have a hypolipidemic effect on test subjects who ate a high-fat diet.
In this case, the jasmine green tea worked its magic yet again. Extracts of the tea reduced total cholesterol levels and triglycerides in the blood.
4. Immune System Boost When your immune system feels good, so do you. It turns out that it can flourish with some help from jasmine green tea.
Researchers have found that the EGCG in green tea can increase the number of immune-regulating T cells in the body. It doesn’t alter the DNA code, though – it just exerts a positive influence on gene expression.
This mechanism doubles as a safe dietary route for improved immune system strength and function.
5. Diabetes Fighter Research has found that diet may influence type 1 diabetes with autoimmune roots.
For example, green tea is a staple in Japan and China. It can’t be a coincidence that broader population studies have noticed a very low incidence of autoimmune type 1 diabetes in these countries.
For those with type 2 diabetes, the catechins in jasmine green tea can keep fasting blood insulin levels at a steady level. The beverage also inhibits the action of amylase, an enzyme that digests starches.
So, drinking jasmine green tea may slow down the metabolism of the sugar content in starch. At the same time, it can also delay the pace at which the sugar is sent to your blood.
6. Fat Buster Green tea can rev up your metabolism, allowing you to burn 3 to 4 percent extra calories on an average every day. Research also shows that it can increase fat oxidation. In one study, obese test subjects on a balanced diet plan who took green tea lost 3.3 kg more than the control group by the twelfth week of the study.
7. Aroma Benefits Green tea isn’t the only one with crazy good health benefits. Jasmine brings its own perks to the table.
As an aromatherapy fragrance, jasmine essential oil is said to be a good antidepressant. It can leave you feeling fresh and active, creating a general sense of well-being. In fact, the fragrance is a popular aphrodisiac in some cult.