Mini cucumber calories are crunchy and hydrating. These cucumbers are one of the most versatile fruits (yes, it’s a fruit) to add to your salads, soups, and sandwiches. These cucumbers contain 95% water, making them a great way to stay hydrated, especially during the summer.
Mini Cucumber Calories
1. Calories: A half-cup of mini cucumbers (52g), with the peel, provides exactly 8 calories. If you eat a whole cucumber that is roughly 8.25 inches in length (301g), you will consume around 45 calories. A mini cucumber is a low calorie diet and a healthy way to keep you hydrated.
2. Carbs: A half-cup of sliced mini cucumber has almost 2 grams of carbohydrates with 0.3 grams of fiber. There are also 0.9 grams of natural sugar in a mini cucumber.
3. Protein: Mini cucumbers provide only 0.3g of protein per serving, and so they aren’t typically considered a good or rich source of protein. If you want to increase your intake of protein, you may want to consider eating your cucumbers with foods that are higher in protein, like meat, nuts, and seeds.
4. Fats: There is almost no fat in cucumbers, at 0.1 grams per half cup of slices. The mini cucumber has almost zero fat content. The little amount of fat that it contains is primarily known as unsaturated fat, which is considered the “good” fat as it helps improve cholesterol levels.
5. Vitamins and minerals: Mini cucumbers are naturally high in water, so their relative concentration of vitamins and minerals is low. However, they do contain vitamin K, vitamin C, and potassium. They also contain trace amounts of phosphorus, calcium, vitamin A and magnesium.
Mini Cucumber Calories Benefits
Who knew cucumbers could be so darn adorable? They’re crisp, refreshing, and enriched with lots of amazing and healthy benefits. Cucumbers are approximately 95% water, which makes you wonder if they are good for you. A quick answer is yes, mini cucumber calories have lots of amazing benefits. Although nutrient levels are low due to the high water percentage, mini cucumbers offer potassium, beta-carotene, and vitamin K, as well as several phytochemicals with promising health benefits. Let’s take a look at a few benefits of mini cucumber calories.
1. Mini cucumber calories are basically a zero-fat snack, making them a healthy option for those looking for a snack hack for weight loss.
2. Mini cucumber calories are a good source of potassium, which helps reduce blood pressure, protects against stroke, and also helps to regulate fluid balance, muscle contractions, and nerve signaling.
3. Cucumbers are a good source of fiber, which is an essential part of your daily diet, especially for colon health.
4. They contain beta-carotene, which converts into vitamin A in the body for good vision and eye health, a strong immune system, and healthy skin.
5. Mini cucumber calories are a good source of vitamin K, which supports bone health, wound healing, and normal blood clotting.
6. Mini cucumber calories are loaded with the goodness of antioxidants, which help protect the cells from damage due to substances called ”free radicals” that form in the body .
7. The anti-inflammatory compounds in cucumbers help remove waste from the body and reduce skin irritation.
8. Cucumber slices can be placed on the eyes to decrease morning puffiness or alleviate and treat sunburn when placed on the affected areas.
How Many Mini Cucumber Calories Should I Eat A Day
Eating just one cucumber a day can be a great option. This is because mini cucumber calories contain many important vitamins and minerals. Half a cup of sliced cucumber contains only 8 calories, 1.9 grams of carbohydrates, 0.3 grams of fiber, and 0.3 grams of protein. It also contains traces of magnesium, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin K, and manganese.
Mini Cucumber Calories: Fat Secret
Mini cucumber calories are naturally low in calories, fat, sodium, carbohydrates, and cholesterol. A mini-cucumber (1 serving) contains 2g total carbs, 1g net carbs, 0.3g fat, 1g protein, and 10 calories. Moreover, we can typically get 20–30 percent of our fluid needs through our diet alone, and foods like cucumbers certainly help.
They not only have a high water content, but they also contain important nutrients that play a part in hydration, like magnesium and potassium. And since they contain zero fat, you can be sure to munch on a mini cucumber anytime without the fear of adding some weight, as there are just 16 calories in a cup of cucumber with its peel (15 without). You will get about 4% of your daily potassium, 3% of your daily fiber.
P.S: Eating cucumbers with the peel contributes to an increased daily fiber intake, which ultimately helps improve digestion. Your body can’t digest fiber, so soluble fiber contained in cucumbers and as well as some other fruits helps slow down the emptying of the stomach which can help you stay fuller longer.
Mini Cucumber Calories With Peel
Mini cucumber calories with their peels , are enriched with fibers, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Cucumbers are a good source of many vitamins, and a large portion of those nutrients reside just under the peel:
Are Mini Cucumber Calories Good For Weight Loss
Mini cucumbers are low in calories. Eating mini cucumbers may lead to many potential health benefits, including aiding in weight loss, balancing hydration, digestive regularity, and lowering blood sugar levels. Mini cucumbers are high in water as they contain 2g total carbs, 1g net carbs, 0.3g fat, 1g protein, and 10 calories in one serving. They can be used as a low-calorie topping for many dishes. This makes it an excellent snack for people looking to lose weight.
How Many Calories Are In A Mini Peeled Cucumber
The number of calories in a mini peeled cucumber is only 19 calories.
Mini Cucumber Calories: Nutrition Fact
One-half cup of sliced cucumber (52g), with the peel, provides 8 calories, 0.3g of protein, 1.9g of carbohydrates, and 0.1g of fat. Mini Cucumbers are a good source of potassium and vitamins K and C.
Amount Per Serving: 1 small (6-3/8″ long). Calories: 19
% Daily Values
- Total Fat 0.25g___0%
- Saturated Fat 0.021g ___0%
- Trans Fat-
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.005g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.003g
- Cholesterol: 0mg___0%
- Sodium: 3mg___0%
- Total Carbohydrate: 3.41g___1%
- Dietary Fiber: 1.1g___4%
- Sugars: 2.18g
- Protein: 0.93g
- Vitamin D-
- Calcium: 22mg___2%
- Iron: 0.35mg___2%
- Potassium: 215mg___5%
- Vitamin A: 6mcg___1%
- Vitamin C: 5.1mg___6%
P.S: The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Mini cucumber calories nutritional benefits are ideal for healthy eating, because these low-calorie veggies contain many hydrating properties and valuable nutrients. Mini cucumber are low in calories, high in water as they contains 2g total carbs, 1g net carbs, 0g fat, 1g protein, and 10 calories in one serving. They can be used as a low-calorie topping for many dishes. All of these may aid in weight loss and promote ones health generally